Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Functional Medicine for Gastrointestinal Issues
One type of gastrointestinal issue in the United States is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). At Kulp Chiropractic Clinic, Inc. Nutritional & Wellness Center in Reading, PA, we address IBS using functional medicine. We are a nutritional health and wellness practice focusing on nutrition and wellness in Reading, PA. Here is some more information about IBS.
What Is Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)?
Irritable bowel syndrome involves a group of symptoms that manifest in the digestive system. This condition might cause lots of discomfort. Some of the symptoms of IBS include:
- Flatulence (excessive wind).
- Swelling or bloating of the stomach.
- Change in bowel symptoms such as constipation and diarrhea.
- Abdominal pain and cramping that is relieved whenever you move your bowels.
- Frequently needing to move your bowels.
- Lump or swelling in the stomach area.
If you have any of these IBS symptoms, can be helpful to seek functional medicine treatment. This may include services for nutrition and wellness in Reading, PA.
What Is Functional Medicine?
Functional Medicine addresses the root cause of disease and promotes wellness for you as an individual. Functional Medicine is a form of alternative medicine that encompasses a number of changes such as lifestyle, food, exercise, nutritional supplement support along with specialized testing. We can focus on nutritional health and wellness in order to help get you the care that you might need to stay healthy now and into the future. We seek to get to the root cause of your illness so we can better help provide care for your overall health and wellness.
Supporting IBS with Nutrition and Wellness in Reading, PA
If you are in Reading, PA, it may be a good idea to seek functional medicine, including nutritional health and wellness care, for irritable bowel syndrome or other gastro intestinal issues. Here's why:
- It's holistic: We understand that the functionality of the digestive system is significantly influenced by the other parts of the body and your habits outside of nutrition. We can provide advice that may be able to help you achieve overall wellness.
- It looks at the root causes: Conventional medication might treat only the symptoms of a health problem rather than the root causes. On the flip side, functional medicine may help address the root causes of IBS.
Get Functional Medicine and Nutritional Health and Wellness Services in Reading, PA
Visit us at Kulp Chiropractic Clinic, Inc. Nutritional & Wellness Center in Reading, PA, for functional medicine treatment for different kinds of gastrointestinal issues, SIBO, leaky gut and irritable bowel syndrome. Contact us today for more insights on nutritional health. Call us at (610) 208-0404 for more information.