Blackberry Nectarine Crisp
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 cup fresh blackberries
- 3 large nectarines, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp pur vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- fresh mint sprigs, for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Coat a 9-inch baking dish or twelve 4-ounce ramekins with cooking spray
In a large bowl, combine the blackberries, nectarines, orange juice, and vanilla. Stir gently until well combined. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, sift the flour. Add the oats, brown sugar, canola oil, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Use your hands to mix the ingredients until well blended.
Spoon the fruit mixture into the prepared baking dish, and scatter the crumb mixture evenly over the fruit.
Bake until the fruit bubbles, and the crumb topping is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes for individual ramekins, or 30 minutes for a single large dish.
Place each ramekin on a small plate, or spoon the crisp onto 12 small plates.
Garnish each serving with 1 or 2 nectarine slices and a sprig of fresh mint. Serve hot.