Veggie Fried Black Rice
- 2 T water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tsp wheat-free tamari
- 3 cups cooked Lotus Foods Forbidden Black Rice
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions, for garnish
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, for garnish
Heat the water and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, garlic, and ginger and cook and stir for 5 minutes.
Add the peas, corn, bell pepper, and a few drops of tamari. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
Spoon the rice on top of the cooked vegetables in the skillet and sprinkle the remaining tamari. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the rice is warm and the vegetables are tender. Stir before serving. Serve hot, garnished with the scallions and peanuts.