Colorful Vegetable Pasta
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti noodles (try Soba, Dreamfields, rice or wholegrain) drained
- 4 carrots
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large summer squash
- 1 cup sprouted lentils or garbanzo beans, or 1 1/4 cup canned, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped, sundried or cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Using a julienne or vegetable peeler, make long peels from the carrots, zucchini and summer squash.
If you prefer softer vegetables, add the julienne vegetables to the last 1 minute of cook time of pasta.
Add garlic, olive oil, zest and juice to a bowl. Stir, add pasta and julienne vegetables. Toss.
Add pasta to serving platter and top with lentils, tomatoes and herbs.